Price Determined by number of students. Up to 20 students can attend.
This two-day course will provide you with a understanding of Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). During this class, you will gain the knowledge necessary to help lead your organization through an enterprise agile transformation leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework. You’ll learn how to establish an Agile Portfolio, prepare and conduct Agile Release Train increment planning sessions, and how to execute the delivery of value predictably and reliably. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
This course does not have any experience pre-requisites; however, this class does prepare you and provides you an opportunity for taking the SAFe Agilist (SA) certification exam. If you plan on taking the exam, please take a moment to check out the SA pre-requisites and benefits of the SAFe® Certification Kit.
Detailed Course Guide
The course consists of eight modules:
- Intro to SAFe
Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework¢
- Lean Thinking
An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow
- Agile Development
Application of Agile development in the enterprise context. Business Benefits.
- SAFe ScrumXP
An experiential walkthrough of “SAFe ScrumXP, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level
- Agile Release Train
Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams
- Agile Portfolio Management
Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance
- Agile Architecture
Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects, and Architecting with Flow
- Scaling Leadership
Scaling Enterprise Lean|Agile leadership
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
Attendees of the session will get:
- Attendee Workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist Exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certification upon request